Monday, April 10, 2006

Homely


OK, all moved in. I will be unpacking boxes for the next month, but I'm in. I got my welcome to the neighborhood last week when yet another CD player was stolen out of my Jeep... in my yard... under a shelter... 10 feet from my kitchen. I'm a little bummed as this was a nicer (read more expensive) player. I can only assume officer helpful and his partner were up north where I had no CD players stolen for a year and a half. Luckily the disk in it was a burned one of Todd Snider songs from various other disks I still own.
On the bright side the neighbors behind me own and run Boggy Creek Organic Vegitable Farm. A nice 6 acre garden right there in the middle of east Austin. Wednesday and Saturday are market days, and there is fresh bread, goat dairy products (goat milk is really good in coffee, and goes very nicely with Baileys, and the homemade goat-milk ice cream is just awesome), fresh eggs and veggies.
Grizzie really digs the front yard too.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At April 10, 2006 7:34 PM, Blogger Beth said...

I've always wanted to go to Boggy Creek. I've heard very good things about their stuff.

See you at the meet in a couple of weeks! (btw, I think you have a troll... in case you didn't notice!) ;-)

 
At April 11, 2006 12:27 PM, Blogger K-nine said...

Well, The farm is just a hair over 2 miles from the capitol building, so it's not a stretch if a few of the blowneyeds want to hit the Saturday morning market. Larry and Carol-ann are great folks, in fact Carol-ann insists that Grizwold (my Iguana) gets fresh food every morning, so I walk over there every morning to pick green leaves for her.

 
At April 11, 2006 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smooches Griz

 
At April 11, 2006 8:40 PM, Blogger DailyDoc said...

Congrats on the new digs.

I didn't know you had an iguana. Somehow fitting, I suppose.

You know, in Costa Rica they call those "tree chickens". Mmm, mmm - good eats!

 
At April 12, 2006 10:22 AM, Blogger K-nine said...

I got Grizzie from Sean when his daughter was born because of the salmonella factor about six years ago. She's probably close to 12 years old now, too tough and stringy.

 
At April 12, 2006 11:11 PM, Blogger Beth said...

I'm just up the road in Leander, so I could make it to the farm any weekend (that I woke up in time, that is).

We have 2 bearded dragons... Grizzie's Aussie cousins, I suppose.

 
At April 13, 2006 11:52 AM, Blogger K-nine said...

Well, if you're ever gonna go, Saturday is the day when they have fresh baked bread. Yum.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home