Sunday, December 31, 2006

Lucky # 7

I am going to say this once, and never mention it again... 2006 SUCKED. Starting in January I got the beatdown of a lifetime. There were good things... My new home for one, but overall I'm glad that '06 is gone. I have never had so much crap come down the pike at one time in my life. Completely ironic because 2006 was a "year of the dog". In my opinion it was a dog of a year. Ok, there, I'm done.

Welcome 2007. I have only one resolution this year... A resolution that puts all the responsibility on me. If you do what you've always done, you will get what you've always gotten... If you want more, do more. That's it. Sounds simple, huh?
If I want to be healthier, I have to take the time to exercise, I have to eat right, I have to cut back on the stress in my life by learning to delegate. I have to do it. Me.
If I want more financial freedom, I have to budget my spending, I have to make better investment choices. I have to do it. Me again.
I have a distinct problem with the entitled generation we have created over the last few decades. Nobody wants to earn, but everybody wants to recieve. Nobody is responsible anymore.
I ranted about this when my house got robbed this summer, so I won't go into it again at this point.
My youngest brother once said to me, "It takes a lot of 'attaboys to make up for one oops." I never forgot that. I have had quite a few oopses in my life, but my attaboy count is pretty damn high nowadays too. Nobody can hand me redemption, it has to be earned. This year I will earn as much redemtion as I can.

On a side note, this blog isn't exactly what I had envisioned when I started it. There will be changes made. Nothing radical, but last New Year's I promised more political opinion, and I feel I've failed in that area. My personal stories have been well recieved, and I'll continue with that. The 100 word stories... Well we'll see. I have completely fallen flat on the Naked Lunch Specials due to long working hours, but there will be a rebirth there as well. Anything else you want from me, you need to ask or it will probably not happen.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At January 01, 2007 12:36 PM, Blogger rabbit said...

In my personal opinion, the naked lunch is a gimmick to get you more hits. If it works, by all means; keep doing it. If not, screw it. It doesn't do much of us any good here in NC. Your stories are good. Keep using your brain. You seem to be good at it. You keep writing and I'll keep reading. That being said, Happy New Year, uncle K.

 
At January 01, 2007 12:56 PM, Blogger K-nine said...

My dear young nephew, I've offered to post reviews from outside the area. If'n your girl will let you go, send me a review of Thee Doll House in Raleighwood or The Silver Bullet in Greensvegas or even Pure Gold in Cary. (I'm assuming all those places are still open, it's been ten years)

...And you're right, I get at least one to three hits a day off one of the clubs I've reviewed... Of course it doesn't hurt that I enjoy the research...
Happy new year Rabbit.

 
At January 03, 2007 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oink

 
At February 12, 2007 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For many, off the shelf bikes just won't cut it and a custom bike is the only way to go. For years, the idea of having a custom bike was out of the range of most budgets and most custom motorcycle kits were poor quality. However with the rise in interest in customized choppers, the custom motor cycle kit has become a great option for those who won't settle for any thing but a custom bike but either can't afford a Jessie James or desire a more intimate connection with their bike.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home