Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I'll Second That Amendment

As most of my regular readers know, I was victim to a burgulary last year. I have a sneaking suspicion that my house may be cased for future invasions from time to time. Nothing concrete mind you, just a moved flower pot here, a candy wrapper in the yard there. I have taken steps to prevent these things from happening, but I can't be around 24-7. I was happy to read this in the paper:

AUSTIN – Gov. Rick Perry signed into law Tuesday a bill that gives Texans a stronger legal right to defend themselves with deadly force in their homes, cars and workplaces.
Both chambers of the Legislature overwhelmingly approved the measure earlier this month. The bill, backed by the National Rifle Association, states that a person has no duty to retreat from an intruder before using deadly force.
“The right to defend oneself from an imminent act of harm should not only be clearly defined in Texas law, but it is intuitive to human nature. You ought to be able to protect yourself,” Perry said, surrounded by lawmakers who pushed for the law.
This is the first bill-signing this legislative session by the Republican governor. The law takes effect Sept. 1.

You may want to take your larceny elsewhere. I won't call the cops, I'll call the coroner...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At March 29, 2007 1:28 AM, Blogger Austin said...

Amen on that one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home