Friday, August 15, 2008

String Theory, A Very Old 100 Word Joke

A piece of string entered a bar and ordered a beer.
The bartender looked it up and down and said, “You’re a piece of string aren’t you?”
“Yes, I am” replied the string.
“I’m sorry but we don’t serve strings here” said the bartender.
The piece of string went outside, tied itself in the middle and pulled its top and bottom out all wild.
Back inside the bar it sat on a stool and ordered a beer.
The bartender said, “Aren’t you that piece of string that was in just a moment ago?”
“No,” it replied, “I’m a frayed knot.”
Karen told me this joke when she was 16 or 17. To this day it pops into my head every time I hear someone use that phrase. Every time.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At August 15, 2008 11:16 PM, Blogger Elisson said...

By Jove, I heard this one just the other day.

For the thousandth time.

Good 100-worder, though.

 
At August 16, 2008 1:48 PM, Blogger K-nine said...

Only a thousand? Hell, I've told it that many times.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home